Classic chili is on the menu for dinner tonight.
Recipe came straight from my Whole30 book:
1 pound ground meat
1 onion, finely chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp mustard powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cups beef broth
1. Cook meat in a large pot until it is brown.
2. Remove meat from pot, but leave the leftover fat in.
3. Add the onions, garlic, cumin, chili powder, paprika, mustard powder, and salt to the pot. Reduce heat to medium/low and cook for 4-5 minutes.
4. Add bell peppers, tomatoes, and broth. Return meat to pot.
5. Turn the heat up to high and bring to a boil.
6. When it reaches a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour.