Why the heck did I decide to give the Ultimate Reset (UR) a try?
- I was having severe heart burn nearly every day and couldn’t figure out what was causing it.
- I was taking B12 everyday in order to have energy to get through the work day… I was work 8:30-7:00 as an SLP with kids and I was just plain tired.
- A lot of foods were causing me to bloat, but I couldn’t narrow down which ones were causing it.
- TMI on this one, but I was having terrible gas.
- I was basically having hot flashes while I slept… waking in the morning to a puddle of sweat.
So I had a TON of reasons to give the UR a try… It was my last option before seeking extensive test to see what was going on with my body. I knew my body was out of whack and it needed to be reset. What better way to reset than with the UR?
This plan is VERY VERY VERY regimented as fas as when you should take each supplement, how long you wait to eat and drink, it tells you exactly what to eat, and all that jazz… I really don’t want to waste time talking about all of that, I’d rather share with you my takeaways and share some photos of my meals.
Recap one week one:
- I HATED the Power greens… tasted straight up like grass and hay mixed together. I would hold my nose and chug.
- I did not mind taking the daily capsules.
- I LOVED the variety of food I was having. I tried lots of new recipes.
- I was drinking a TON of water and going to the bathroom A LOT.
- Meal prep was LONG, EXHAUSTING, and OVERWHELMING, but… I am so glad I prepped for the entire week because if not I know I would have failed with my busy work schedule.
- After just one week I had lost 4.8 pounds.
- My energy levels were already up.
- My skin was looking clearer and healthier.
- I did not experience ANY food cravings.
Here are some of the photos I took during week one from grocery shopping, to meal prepping, to the meals I ate in a day. The meal prep is huge because my mom and I did it together.
Week 1 I spent the most money grocery shopping, but you are having to get a lot of oils and spices that will last your for the whole 21 days. I’m pretty certain I spent like $120 on groceries for the week. You are having to buy a lot of fresh foods and not even going to lie some of them were really hard to find.
Overall week one was a success and I was really proud of myself.